Saturday, January 7, 2012

1st week of January is Over!

Okay, I am gonna shoot to update weekly unless something blog worthy happens! I'm pretty excited to be sticking with the goals I have set for this year! I've worked towards all my goals except for exercise :( but I've got plans for this week!! Monday we hung around the house. The boys got haircuts! Here is a before picture. It's really difficult to cut their hair, but I really hate paying when I can kinda do a good enough job myself. Just don't wanna waste that money!
and after...
Tuesday morning the boys suggested we color. I got Carter a workbook that helps with handwriting. I'm nervous for Kindergarten in a few months because his letters are ummm....a work in progress. Plus, he's left handed so his skills look weird to me.All I can do is practice with him. Anyway, here is a pic of them coloring and handwriting. I wasn't surprised when after being out of the room to come back and find Jake on top of the table. That's just Jake.
Tuesday night I pulled Spaghetti bake out of the freezer and Carter was so upset (this is one of his favorites.) He said he was NOT eating those worms. Of course I made him sit there regardless with me and Jake (Brooks was working late) and he ended up having 3 servings.
Wednesday morning we went to Storytime at the library. Here is Carter dancing!
After we sang songs and danced, their craft activity was to build a snowman. We checked out some more books, but Jake ate his snowman before we got out of the library!
Carter has recently discovered his love of Turkey sandwiches. He likes to make them by himself and eats them often, sometimes 2 at a time. Lord, what am I gonna do when they are teens! We've gone through 2 1/2 loaves of bread since Sunday!!
Thursday Carter went back to school at Lakeside, so Jake and I had a lil time by ourselves. Jake LOVES dressing up. He'll disappear and then show up in a crazy outfit. See what I mean?
After Carter got out of school, we went to the park for a lil bit since it was nice outside.
Friday we stayed in our pajamas ALL DAY (well Jake and I did.) I was just so TIRED! I tried to get Carter and Jake to nap, but that didn't work. I forgot the last time Jake took a nap. I'm scared it is officially over. Carter stopped napping around this time too. Today (Saturday)Brooks is off! Yay! He only gets 2 a month and we like having him around on a Saturday! Brooks and I slept in til 9 or so. The boys were up super early, but played and didn't have any breakdowns, so we took advantage. There was a pudding cup and a bag of popcorn in the bed when I woke up! Ha! Brooks cooked us breakfast and we ate together which is rare!We get supper, but breakfast is a treat! Jake sang the blessing and it was really sweet. He seemed really proud of himself. We all got dressed and went to Chuck E.Cheese since Jake got tokens from Big Daddy and Dede for Christmas. Here are some pics of the boys playing.
Then we went to Firehouse subs for lunch with the giftcard Big Daddy & Dede gave us! (Sticking to our budget has been easier with giftcards!) Here are Carter and Jake looking at the fish outside.
We rode bikes for a minute beacuse it is suppossed to rain later today.
O yeah, I'm pregnant with #3! I am 16 weeks 2 days. Look at this BELLY! whoa, baby! I go to the doctor next Thursday and we will schedule the sonogram to find out the sex! I cannot wait to know what we are having!

1 comment:

BigDaddyDadArt said...

What? I can't believe you don't have PLAY on your to do list. Love the pictures.