Saturday, August 16, 2008

Carter Man & Jake


We took Carter to his 1 yr. appointment on Monday (8/11) and he is super except that he is too skinny. I think he's perfect, but according to "norms" he is too little. We've really been pushing him to eat as much as possible. Maybe, too much. We out him in his seat and the next thing we know he is sound asleep!! Too cute!


I went to the Dr. Tuesday (8/12) and we confirmed that Jake only has one artery leading to the umbilical cord. Normally you have 2. That means that he is considered high-risk and I will have to do growth scans at every visit and non-stress tests as well. I will also not pass 39 weeks, which means I will be induced sometime during Thanksgiving week. That is neat because we have several bdays in our family that week (paw paw, aa, & Drew.) To be positive---the good thing is that I will get to see him at every visit. He was sucking his thumb Tuesday! He weighed 1 lb. 6 oz. which is right on schedule. I am not really worried about the future. I've got God on my side!

No comments: